Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Keep torture for consenting perverts only!

I really want to encourage all of you fellow perverts out there to participate in Amnesty International's "The America I Believe In" campaign. While I'll admit to being skeptical about just how much real political effect signing a pledge on a website has, I figure it can't hurt. And the recent Military Commissions Act of 2006 goes against every ideal America is supposed to stand for, as well as a whole host of basic, internationally-agreed upon human rights. It deserves as much condemnation as we can give it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not everyone can stand torture like you can.

Some people actually break and give valuable information.

If such information can be used to stop the next 9-11 it is worth it.

And remember these aren't the nicest people in the world that we are torturing. They themselves have probably tortured people in the past.

Survival is the first priority and everything else is secondary. With the information we get from torture we can stop future 9-11s and worst. What is really horrific is having to decide whether to burn to death or to jump to your death as so many had to decide on 9-11.

Natty said...

OMG you're right! You've won me over with your emotionally-charged argument that lacks an iota of evidence to back it up.

Condoleeza Rice didn't need to listen to counterterroism experts like Richard Clarke before 9/11, she just needed to torture a few nasty Muslims. Surely taking a Bunsen burner to a guy's dick will make him talk! And not just blubber about any old thing to take the heat off his balls but real, concrete, useful intelligence information.

I mean, even though they are nasty, mean people, if we torture them, they would never think of torturing our men and women in uniform.

And you're right. Surviving is the first priority, even if we live in a police state where any old Tom, Dick or Ahmad can be rounded up, declared an enemy combatant and shipped off to God knows where. I mean, the Russians *enjoyed* living in fear under Stalin and the Germans had an absolute *blast* under the Nazis. I've read Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Elie Weisel. The gulags and the concentration camps were a riot! Definitely, *definitely* better than maintaining a humane and effective defense policy that includes actually doing the hard work of intelligence gathering, keeping those frivolous civil liberties intact and living life in all it's vicissitudes.

Or how about you just read this.

Natty said...

In hindsight I've realized that my comment was rather pissy and snarky, so I'll apologize to you, anonymous, for sounding as if I were attacking you personally. Even though I disagree with your viewpoint, you were polite in sharing it. I'm afraid I probably unleashed my suppressed frustrations regarding a somewhat related topic on you, which was rather unfair. Though, I still disagree with your logic and stand by the article I linked to.