Friday, January 01, 2010

2010: No More Mr. Nice A.

I got my first spanking of the decade this afternoon. Laying across my bed with the phone on speaker, A. had me consider some New Year's Resolutions with a ping pong paddle and clothesbrush handy.

None of my resolutions were particularly original: take an hour-long rest each day, get to bed on time, do a better job of taking breaks from the computer.

What was novel, however, was A. setting specific and severe punishments should I forsake my resolutions. Like 60 (!) strokes with the clothesbrush for each time I neglect my daily rest period. And one stroke for each minute I'm late to bed (it's not unheard for my tardiness to exceed two hours). He has yet to decide about the computer time, but I'm expecting it to be perfectly dreadful.

Of course, he had to remind me what those strokes would feel like should (when?) I merit them. After making me warm up with the ping pong paddle, I got multiple rounds of 12 strokes with the clothesbrush, not to mention periods of simply whacking until he told me to stop. I assure you, dear reader, there was much pouting on this side of the phone line. And both my arm and bottom remain a bit tender.

With this new get-tough-on-Natty policy, I foresee a year of grave suffering for my backside. A year of arduous sitting, sojourns to the corner, and maybe even lines or worse. (I'm too embarrassed to think about A. attempting anything of a colonic nature...) 

And a year for more stories. I've got a new Nanny Bea story scheduled for Monday. Fingers-crossed, my writing head will stick around for a more productive literary spell.

5 comments:

Haron said...

Ouch, that seems a bit radical... Good luck with those!

Indy said...

Surely he'll forget soon? Or misplace the piece of paper (or computer file) on which he's written these penalties?

Either way, Happy New Year to you both!

Casey Morgan said...

Nanny Bea? Yay!

Pandora Blake said...

Happy new year! And best of luck with those resolutions. I've always found that kind of real-life discipline hard to sustain, I hope it works out well for you both.

Natty said...

Haron: Doesn't it just? I'm so abused, I tell ya!

Indy: If he had written it down, I might have a bit of hope about him forgetting oddly enough. But he had already started implementing the bedtime rule earlier (er, before he his stay, during which time the whole bedtime thing was tossed out the window) and has grown fond of it. His stay, my health and Christmas all gave me a bit of reprieve but now that I'm feeling better and the holidays are over, he's returned to being a hard ass.

Casey: Yup. A fun little story entitled "Natty and the Confiscated MacBook." :-)

Pandora: Thanks and a very happy new year to you also! As for discipline, it's a learning process. Some things work, some don't. It's all about being flexible. Which reminds me, I probably should cross-post this at the PB...