Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Politics stole my mojo!

Sorry to be so quiet the last week and a half. I was surprised to discover on Monday that I hadn't posted anything for a whole week. Time goes by so quickly when you're on morphine and sleeping most of the day...

I think politics has smothered my libido of late. Instead of drifting off to sleep with visions of stern nannies, a strict daddy, and the odd subbie boy, I've been muttering to myself what Obama or McCain should have said in the latest debate. Or what that damn bailout bill should have included or discarded. Instead of reading spanking blogs, I've been faithfully following the polling projections at FiveThirtyEight and CNN, watching as the country slowly turns blue. Checking the bookies at Oddschecker while the odds shorten and lengthen as the Dow falls. A. and I have been sharing our favorite political posts at YouTube during our daily call rather than our latest spanking fantasies. Especially now that Saturday Night Live is funny again.

But my mojo is slowling returning. The other night I fell asleep to the fantasy of an uncompromising nanny taking me to task for failing to take a medication I tend to avoid as I dislike its side effects. Politics has influenced A.'s latest pretext for spanking me, involving a spreader bar and the McLaughlin Group. I suspect there will more information about that one after he arrives on October 29th.

For now, however, I'm just popping in to say that I should return to normal posting in the next few days with a new VibeReview Fantasy. And hopefully when I fall asleep in the next hour or so, the only red and blue I'll be thinking about will be in regards to my ass...

4 comments:

Jigsaw Analogy said...

First: A is back October 29!!! Yay!!!

Second: SNL really *has* been uncharacteristically funny of late. It's disorienting; W will call me in to see something funny in the opening bit, and I wind up staying for the whole thing.

Finally, to the main point of your post: I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, since I know that people are able to fall for some really idiotic stuff (like defining Obama, rather than McCain, as the elitist in this campaign... I guess "elitist" means "uses the brain in their head"?) But... people really do seem to be seeing through the idiocy. Dare I hope?

And the good thing, such as it is, about the bailout bill is that they managed to stick mental health parity as a rider on it, so hopefully, people will be able to get mental health coverage in the near future. That will be a good thing. (My pessimistic side comments: especially if McCain wins, except McCain would make health care unaffordable to most of the people who need it most, so maybe it's a moot point....)

Anonymous said...

Hello Naty; I like your blog. If you like we could exchange links betwen our blogs.

Please, let me know!!!

Best Regards

Serenity Everton said...

Natty, SNL has rocked. That show has been on forever. Everytime I think it's dead, it comes back to life. In an election year. :)

Natty said...

Regarding SNL -- it's true! Last year sucked shit but this year it's been funny again, and not just the political stuff either. Except I've gotten to the point where I can't stay awake past 12:30. :-(

Regarding the election -- While the whole thing fascinates me, I think the only thing that makes me happy is that the Republicans are losing. I'll just leave it at that... ;-)

Regarding the Mental Health Parity rider -- I agree. That's been one of the few bright parts of this otherwise awful awful bill, and I was really happy to see it pass.

Regarding links -- I link to blogs that I read (though lately I haven't been able to read many). Good writing matters -- and not just pictures. If it makes me think, it will probably find its way to my blogroll.