I've been doing a lot of fiddling with my blog the last couple of days. If you tried to access this blog yesterday with Internet Explorer, you may well have encountered a page that was mostly unreadable.
However, I've finally switched over to Blogger's new (or new to me) easy-to-use layout function when I became completely exasperated this afternoon pretending I actually know how to use HTML and fucked up the entire blog when I accidentally hit "tab" and "space." After spending a few hours recreating what I had with the layout function, as well as adding the bits I was trying to add earlier, I'm content for the time being. Even if the new layout function has some annoying quirks in it that limit my creativity. Well, hell, let's be honest. It's not my creativity but my anal-retentiveness it's impinging upon. But it will have to do for now. And it will make reading this blog easier on IE.
The added bits include the very first advertisement ever on NSB. Yes, I know. I'm a total whore. Vibe Review, a sex toy store that includes educational articles and toy reviews, approached me about becoming an editorial reviewer for their site. The deal means I get to play with sex toys for free, not to mention get a relatively generous commission on toys purchased by readers of this blog who follow the link from this blog to their site. What can I say? I've sold my blogging soul for free toys. But the ad was tasteful with nothing flashing (which I can't say for a few other spanking-related places I'd like to be an affiliate for), a lot of the toys are phthalate-free, and they have a very woman-friendly feel. Now I have told them quite frankly that their BDSM section sucks, and they are apparently working on that. But a good vibrator still comes in handy when you've spent a long night reading all those spanking blogs out there, right?
There will be another addition to the blog coming in the next week or so (hopefully by the time A. leaves). My dearest (who is quite the artist) has drawn a kick-ass picture that will serve as a logo for me and the blog. It's only in the doodle phase at the moment but I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you all.
And there should be a return to more frequent blogging (if I'm not jinxing it by saying so -- I do have a colonoscopy scheduled for Tuesday, eep!). The last few weeks I've been feeling better than I have in well over a year, so much so that I've been out of the apartment enjoying the summer in my limited way. But I'm slowly developing a routine with my new found energy, and hopefully that should mean more posts, including one tomorrow or Monday about spanking and my spiritual life that I've been working on for the last week or so, as well as some forthcoming posts for the Punishment Book.
So that's it folks. Welcome to the newly updated Natty's Spanking Blog.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
haha i had problems with my blog when i tried to tamper with html too. agreed, it's just best to stick with the templates they provide and focus on blogging. lol.
yes! once i get my own credit card i WILL follow the link and get myself a silver bullet vibrator :D and hopefully by then they will have a rockin s/m section.
thanks and take care natty!
Cool beans. Thanks.
And hopefully they will get a more rockin BDSM section soon. In the meantime, I figure vibrators transcend kink orientation, ya know?
Wow. I didn't have time to read for less than a week, and there are three, count 'em, THREE new posts! (Wait... FIVE new posts, counting the ones on the PB and your other blog!)
YAY! This means you were able to sit up at the computer, as well as getting out of the house! So glad you're feeling better!
As for the blog and layout stuff... I haven't bothered much with the templates for my blogger blogs, but I'm proud to say that I've actually learned enough CSS to make a very satisfactory template for my Wordpress blog/site. And yeah, it's less about the artistic side of things than the anal-retentive side. I want things to be exactly the way that *I* want them, not in the nearly-but-not-totally acceptable way that someone else's template leaves them.
Oh, and google "Blogger templates" if you'd like a larger selection than what they have on their site. I've seen several blogs that use those kinds of templates, and if I could only achieve internal consensus, I might choose one for myself as well.
I know, it's been amazing! I might actually be able to read a book again!
When/if (not that I'm pessimistic, I just know these good times go quickly) I'm feeling even more perky, I may try fiddling around with Wordpress. At the very least I'd like to see what it's like.
Awhile back I was googling templates and saved a few places. But again I think to make that move I'll have to feel a bit more perky. ;-)
Post a Comment