Friday, April 27, 2007

Something to do with "naughty"

The other day I turned the television on to PBS during the middle of the day (I almost never turn the TV on before 5 or 6pm) and was greeted by a kindly Irish grandpa teaching painting. He would look into the camera and talk directly to the viewer -- which, at this point, included me.

Most of the time he was explaining which watercolor to use or which paintbrush, or how to paint a sky or moss-thatched cottage. Every now and then he would degenerate into gentle scolding. "Don't just watch me but try this out for yourself...It's no use for me to just sit here painting alone like a madman."

It always made me giggle a little. Maybe because I was feeling a little guilty.

But this noon as I watched him tell the story of a "naughty" Irish queen who stole a bull, I giggled like a little girl. It had something to do with him saying "naughty."

The only Frank Clarke I'd ever heard of before this week was some old football player A. told me about. But now, I think I'm becoming a Frank Clarke -- The Simply Painting One -- fan. (Though he seriously needs some fashion help!)

Who knows...I might even buy some paints. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It almost does not matter what they're talking about, as long as it involves gentle scolding, the word "naughty" and a delicious accent! :)

Your description was yummy, by the way.

NaughtyLele

Natty said...

LOL -- isn't that the truth!

Oh, and thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

Anonymous said...

lol, don't trust those edenfantasys people. :)

i get a thrill from it too... that would make me want to catch the show every day, just to see if he ever got more explicit. :)

natty, wanted to let you know that my blog url changed. persephonesubmission.blogspot.com

Natty said...

lol -- thanks for the heads up, persephone, and the new url!

So far I've actually managed to miss any more episodes -- I've either slept through it or forgot to watch. Stupid new medication...