I rang in the New Year with a spanking.
Well, okay, actually I rang it in throwing up. Not because I was drunk or anything. Never even got that far. I came down with a touch of the stomach flu.
Didn't feel good on New Year's Eve, but had a dinner date at a friend's and dragged myself there. I mean, it was New Year's Eve. I didn't want to stay home. Plus, I wanted my boyfriend to meet one of my best friends.
So we went. Ate dinner. Watched "Seinfeld" on DVD. My boyfriend and I planned to watch fireworks at Waterfront Park and stop off at a bar for some New Year whiskey. So, we caught the bus back downtown, by which time I was feeling really icky and feverish. But, you know, I like to be tough. And well, I have Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome so I feel like crap most of the time anyway. So, I just dragged myself along without saying I felt sick.
Turned out, there were no fireworks along the river. Just some lame ones six blocks to the west of us at Pioneer Courthouse Square behind all the office buildings. But, we'd sat there in the cold waiting for them. You know, while I was feverish and feeling icky. I finally said I wasn't feeling that well, so we went home.
It wasn't until I threw up a few hours later that he realized just how sick I was. When I heard him say "you shouldn't have been sitting out in the cold if you were this sick," I knew we'd be continuing the conversation later. Probably with a wooden spoon.
I got sorta lucky. It was only the belt. Which hurts, but is a much more manageable pain for me than a wooden spoon on my thighs.
Sunday, January 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment