Thursday, August 12, 2004

My First BDSM event

So, I went to my first BDSM event this last Sunday. The Portland Leather Alliance had an event called Leather Tastings where participants could sample different BDSM activities. While I didn't find many of the other activities quite my kink, I did sample a little bit at the Spanking and Caning station. :)

Okay, I got thrashed. The good Christian girl in me felt a bit shy about baring my bottom in public, so I only took down my trousers before bending over the stool. But, as rattan canes are best felt on the bare skin, R, the one manning the station and the implements, scrunched my cotton panties in between my cheeks before giving me several strokes of varying force. Then he gave me a couple of strokes with a nasty implement called a sjambok. Ouch! And to finish me off, he used a very old razor strop on my already smarting backside. It apparently has been handed down and used on bottoms for a few generations. After getting a good ten or so hard whacks, I can see why it has terrorized many a child. My backside is still marked and bruised as I type this. Though I've been sorta buzzed and giddy since. I so wanna do that again. ;) When I told my boyfriend (who lives far far away in the Land of Spanking [aka England]) about the sjambok, he was like "I gotta get me one of those." What a sadist... ;)

It's funny because R asked me if I topped. I have a few times but never really get into it much. He told me it might help me understand a bit what it's like to be on the other end. Apparently my stoicism kind of made him uncomfortable as he didn't know if he was hitting too hard or not.

I have a hard time verbalizing when I'm physically in pain. After having Fibromyalgia and a myriad of other painful health problems since breaking my ankle when I was 10, I've become used to being stoic. Nobody likes a complainer.

I think that's something spanking has been slowly helping me with. Every now and then I manage to make a bit of noise. My boyfriend has even made me cry a couple of times -- and that's no mean feat! ;) But, I think R might have a point. Maybe verbalizing my pain would make spanking more of the release it should be.

No comments: