Thursday, January 17, 2008

A swinger of birches

Afraid my spanking mojo has gone to "tentative" the last couple of weeks while I've been a bit sickly. Nothing serious, just the ebb and flow of a weakened immune system, adjusting to new medication (my insurance company finally approved the long acting narcotic my doctor prescribed -- yay!) and too many doctors appointments (now that I'm done with pelvic floor physical therapy, it's on to hand therapy for that finger I broke during my tumble down the stairs back in November).

I keep wanting to post something, especially as my StatCounter numbers have been higher than ever. But while I've plenty of material in my mental notebook to post, I haven't had a matching level of energy. So tonight I will simply leave you with the closing line of the Robert Frost poem, "Birches," (alas his mind is not as prurient as mine) which I came across at my new favorite web addiction, poets.org:
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
I daresay that more than a few of us would share such a sentiment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, whoever wrote that little piece of spam needs to work on their English.

Second, take as much time as you need, Natty. I'll venture a guess that the readers of your blog do understand about your health issues making regular blogging difficult to do.

Also, is A still there? I hope so! So sorry things have been difficult for you lately, and good luck with physical therapy.
Take care,
Lele

Anonymous said...

Lele is absolutely right, Natty. Your posts are worth waiting for. I'm glad the insurance company has finally come around about the narcotic and I hope it and the physical therapy help.

Best,
Indiana

Jigsaw Analogy said...

I agree--when I see a new post, I think, "Oh boy! She must be feeling a little better today! Yay!!!!"

Natty said...

Thanks ladies! It's funny because I'm feeling a bit better -- I actually made dinner yesterday -- but I just haven't been in much of a kinky mood. Yet I have been in a very meditative sort of mood so hopefully it will mean some good posts down the road. :-)

And yes, as you can see, said spam has been deleted.

Oh, and yes, A. is still here until February 5th and is as helpful as ever, including providing lots of cuddles.