Optimism is such a wonderful thing.
I mean, consider the cool confidence of the fellow who left me an offline message on Yahoo messenger the other day that went something like, "Hi/ I saw your blog/ You do need a spanking."
Blind to the fact that as a total stranger, that's not really his call. Completely oblivious that he's flirting with someone else's girlfriend. He just leaves his witty, remarkably original message believing that I'll be so overwhelmed by his charm I'll reply back.
Okay, yes, I did mention in the last post that I'm in my insatiable pain slut mood, so I'll grant him that physiologically I'm desperate for a good caning.
He's not the first total stranger in my spanko life who's told me I need a spanking. But I gotta say, it's such a total turn off for me. I don't think A. ever said that to me until three or four months into our online relationship. And then it was in a specific context. And even then there was still a teeny tiny part of me that resented it.
Needless to say, when a total stranger says that to me, I really resent it.
I know that for some women it's really hot. And that's totally cool.
But for me, it's like I have to be able to consider you some sort of equal before you can comfortably utter those words to me. And if the first words out of your mouth are those words, then you have clearly demonstrated that you're not.
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Some people really lack social skills, or else they think that being online means they don't have to use them.
Or maybe it seems charming when they type it and some mysterious web virus is taking out all of the charm they put into the original message?
Post a Comment