Friday, April 24, 2009
Though an international court that utilized spanking...Now that one has a bit of fodder for fantasy...
Actually I had a friend, K., who was from Sweden, a nation which had banned the spanking of children. K.'s father was a policeman who would be ostensibly enforcing said law. However when young K. pointed out to his dad that his ass was now safe, his father promptly replied that he would continue to take K. over his knee whenever he damn well felt it was merited. Interestingly enough, K. grew up to be a UN peacekeeper where he learned first hand how (in)effective UN treaties are.
I must confess that my lack of blogging this last week is probably a result of my having developed a Twitter fixation. It's like being able to hang out with friends without having to expend the energy required for instant messaging or actually going out. However while it may meet some of my socialization needs (which cannot be underestimated when one is housebound), it's ultimately not a replacement for proper blogging which I hope to return to in the coming week.
Though Twitter isn't exclusively to blame. I am in the process of analyzing my activity level and how best to balance my need for rest with my need to interact with the outside world. Can't say I've come to any concrete conclusions yet, which is why my posting has been so erratic lately. I can say my blogging will continue; I just don't know how much and how frequently yet.
I'd talk more, but my medication has kicked in and I don't know how much longer I'll be coherent. ;-)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Recently I've been trying out a new internet regime as part of my effort to rest more. My time online is limited to two and a half hours and damn does it go fast. The new regime has produced results. I've felt stronger and had less pain this last week. Now I just have to figure out how to spend less time reading every fascinating thing I stumble upon (not to mention Twittering), and more time strategically spending my allotted minutes blogging.
In the meantime I thought I'd link (yes...more padding) you to a prize-winning story I read awhile back that those of you who like schoolgirl stories might enjoy. No, there is no spanking. It's a contemporary story. But the main character is indeed a naughty girl who gets herself into trouble. The writing is rich, sensual, and truly wonderful. And I really loved the ending.
Right. I'm 40 minutes late for bed and I think...oh dear, maybe an hour over my limit? I haven't been paying enough attention tonight...
Friday, April 10, 2009
Aliciante » Blog Archive » Coisas Simples via bendmeover
Pleasurists is your round-up of the adult product reviews that came out in the last seven days from bloggers all around the sex blogosphere. Did you miss Pleasurists #22? Read it all here. Do you have a review for Pleasurists #24? Submit it here before Sunday April 12th at 11:59pm PST. Please re-post this list on your own blog if listed.
Want to win some free swag? All you’ve got to do is enter.
- Win the toy I rave about Deadline: Friday, April 10th.
- Pleasurists Contest: LELO Toy Giveaway! Deadline: Friday April 10th at 11:59pm PST.
- CrashPadSeries.com Contest! Deadline: April 22, 2009.
- My First Sex Toy Contest! Deadline: 11:59 PM CST May 1st.
- Do You Have an Erotic Adventure to Share? Deadline: May 31st, 2009.
- Spring Contest Time! Deadline: TBD
On to the reviews…
Love Being Woman, once again, seems very friendly. Warm & welcoming. One of the things they set out to do was a create a vibrator designed by women that was beautiful AND functional. And they’d had enough with the tacky images and bad packaging. As someone who dissects every package with a little too much critique, I have to say I definitely appreciate their attention to detail.
Editor’s Note: I try to pick posts which are not only well-written but also which are somehow unique or unusual and make me desire to own the toy being reviewed. This one definitely fits both of those criteria. Interesting information, gorgeous toy that I’d never seen before, and overall a wonderful review!
- LELO Elise by Scarlet Lotus St. Syr
- Hitachi Magic Wand by N
- LELO Mia by Marla Singer
- Body Spa Vibrating Sponge by CarrieAnn
- Vibrating Rabbit by Adriana
- LELO Liv by Scarlet Lotus St. Syr
- Rock Your World Vibrator by Adriana
- OhMiBod Naughtybod by The Countess
- Impulse Butterfly by Epiphora
- LELO Gigi by Carnivalesq
- Waterproof P-Spot Vibe by Natty
- Paradise Curve by Bad Bad Girl
- JimmyJane Form 6 by Domina Doll on Viviane’s Sex Carnival
- Liberte by Bad Bad Girl
- Cleopatra by Thursday’s Child
- Share by Marla Singer
- SinFive Pikilo by Beautiful Dreamer
- Share by Erin Leone
- Fun Factory Share by Sleeping Dreamer
- Ten Inch Explorer by Bad Bad Girl
Lube/Massage Oil/Bath Stuff
- Intimate Organics Massage Oil by Scarlet Lotus St. Syr
- Babeland Bubble Bath by Ansley Agnello
- Intimate Organics Discover G-Spot Gel by Sexorcism
- ID Juicy Lube 10 Pack by Ansley Agnello
- Lyriana by Domina Doll
- Nipple pump by Panthera Pardus
- Super Strap Love Ties by Alpine Subdreams
- Nipple Clamps by Natt Nightly
- Under the Bed Restraint System by Marla Singer
- Dr. Joel Kaplan Nipple Pump System by Alpine Subdreams
- Tweezer Nipple Clamps by HotMoviesForHer Sex Toy Crew
- Slut Impressions Paddle by Ang
- Nipple to Clit Tweezer Clamps by Bad Bad Girl
- Getting off- A woman’s guide to masterbation by Jezebelle
- The Mistress Manual by Domina Doll on Viviane’s Sex Carnival
- Girls Girls Girls 2 by Epiphora
- Crash Pad Series - Episode 9: Julie & Michelle by J.D. Bauchery
- Raw Luck by FrzKey
- ErocktaVision Volume 2 - West Coast Women by The Porn Librarian
- Girls Coming by J.D. Bauchery
- Perversions Of Lesbian Lust 1 by The Porn Librarian
- Corsette Harness by Marla Singer
- Lil’ Pony Positional Pillow by Average Joe
- pStyle by Erin Leone
- Luna Pleasure Bead System by HotMoviesForHer Sex Toy Crew
- Stripper Pole Kit Review by Essin’ Em
- Body Tickler Ostrich Feather by Domina Doll
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I crashed badly last week/week before last and have been slowly climbing my way back to my normal baseline level of energy. Unfortunately writing (among other things) has suffered as a result. And not just here. I even had to drop out of the writing group I wrote about back in February. But I'm feeling stronger with each passing day and hope to catch up with blogging this weekend.
In the meantime, I encourage you to check out some of the Sugasm posts for this week as there was quite a lot of great writing. My personal favorites included one that made it into the top three picks, "Tied naked in a field of grass," as well as "Work Violation" and "HNT ~ Blood makes noise," which looks at a rather taboo topic even among kinksters: menstruation and sex.
The best of this week’s blogs by the bloggers who blog them. Highlighting the top 3 posts as chosen by Sugasm participants. Want in Sugasm #163? Submit a link to your best post of the week by emailing me directly at radicalvixenatgmaildotcom
This Week’s Picks
Justify My Love
“All I could think of was to have his arms around me so that they could make everything right.”
Tied Naked In A Field Of Grass
“Growing up on a farm has its advantages.”
“It’s very weird, this rigid interpretation of gender in America.”
Sex Work And Compassion: The Angry Family
Join the Sugasm